The fact is, finance is the one industry truly in need of disruption. Due to the inner workings of the industry, fundraising has become unnecessarily rigid, heavy and expensive for growing companies. As a result, fundraising for growth has become a necessary evil instead of a productive exercise, and investing into private growth companies has been rendered arcane and exclusive.
Investing and fundraising should be fun, exciting and quick. The wheels of finance need greasing up. So here we are, challenging finance by helping investors and businesses to team up and create something valuable together. When the music changes, so does the dance, and it’s time someone taught finance to twist.
The part where we come in is connecting ambitious European businesses with investors around the globe and helping them succeed together. In the last twelve months, we’ve grown significantly and expanded into the UK, Norway and Denmark as well as captured the position of the Nordic market leader in equity crowdfunding. At our core, we are a Finnish startup with a 16-strong international team of doers from finance, marketing, law and IT.
The opportunity in our business, we have dozens and dozens of ambitious entrepreneurs coming to us for crowdfunding. From self storages to distilleries to odourless toilets, there’s a myriad of inspiring stories that deserve to be told. Now we’re looking for someone to help us tell them.
The available position is that of a business development intern at our Helsinki office.
What you would be doing:
· Market analysis for our Danish and Norwegian operations
· Identify market opportunities and partnerships in the target markets
· Support in the organization of events
· Support the sales team in everyday marketing activities
What we expect of you:
· English language skills, both spoken and written. Danish/Norwegian/Swedish are a plus
· A great can-do attitude, a willingness to take on every new task and an ability to get things done
· The ability to work independently within the team, yet knowing when to ask for help
· Detail oriented. The code word for this application is pink. Add it to the subject of the email when you send us your application.
· The desire to work in a growing young industry and to enjoy your time with your new teammates
What we offer you:
· Rewarding experience in a quickly growing and changing industry
· A low-hierarchy organisational culture, flexible hours, snacks and coffee
· The opportunity to learn new skills and to develop your existing ones in the bustling area of equity crowdfunding
· An ambitious, young, international team to work with
· Wonderful freshly renovated office in downtown Helsinki
Note: this position is unpaid. We hope that you’ll be able to do an internship of 3 months. To apply, send your CV and 3 leads from Denmark or Norway you think would benefit from raising funding through Invesdor to hello(at)invesdor.com. The position will be filled as soon as the right person has been found.
We are looking forward to meeting you!