We had a chat with Musopia's co-founder and CEO Topi Löppönen. He talked about his track-record, how he is as an entrepreneur and how he sees the future for Musopia. Read below for the full interview.
1. Why did you become an entrepreneur?
I have been an entrepreneur for all my life, so I've always been my own boss. I started my first businesswhen I was 20 years old and sold it as the market leader at the time. I feel that entrepreneurship suits me very well. I like to work hard, love challenges, and like to build companies and try my best to make at least a small difference to our world through my work.
2. What are you like as an entrepreneur?
I’ve been told that I am focused, demanding to our team and partners, and forward-looking.
3. What makes the story of your personal career interesting?
The interesting thing is how things connect. In my previous business we were one of the global early adopters back in 1998 to use smartphones at the time for digitizing our moving fleets' communications efficiency and overall profitability. Now in Musopia we are using our music learning apps for digitizing the huge 16 billion dollar music product business. Another interesting detail might be that the one who bought my previous company, Ronnie Neva-aho, also was the first investor in Musopia and has been a very active and important part of Musopia’s team.
4. What is your biggest professional accomplishment?
The success of Musopia so far and the fact that I have been fortunate enough to create jobs for other people for 25 years.
5. What is your dream for your company?
I’d like to see Musopia grow to a company that has hundreds of millions of enthusiastic users and excited staff that gets a kick out of providing the joy of music to millions of people around the world.
6. What is your management philosophy?
People in all shapes, sizes and social statuses that are able to stay present and contribute positively to the development of our company.
7. What motivates you?
Overcoming formidable challenges with my team.
8. Why crowdfunding and why with Invesdor?
Because I feel that Musopia is doing something good besides just being a great business in the future, and we believe that this might interest people also outside of the traditional investor circles. I have been looking at Invesdor many years and been impressed with their development and success so it seemed to be a great choice for a platform.
9. Why would you invest in your company? Give three reasons.
- First, we are doing good things: helping people feel good about music.
- Second, we have good traction and a solid growth plan.
- Third, I believe the timing is right: we’ve proven our business model, we are growing strongly, and recent new partnerships will drive our growth even more
Read more about Musopia here.