Wello's co-founder and CEO Heikki Paakkinen believes their company is going to change the world's energy production industry for the better. Read Heikki's interview below to find out how Heikki is motivated to fight towards a greener tomorrow.
1. Why did you become an entrepreneur?
I think I was born an entrepreneur. I’ve been all my life doing everything in my own way. I have been interested in reaching targets, not that much in the process. After finishing my studies in university, I used to work for some design offices, but I all the time felt like wanting to do something more meaningful with full responsibility for the whole business.
2. What are you like as an entrepreneur?
As an entrepreneur I am goal oriented and restless. I get upset when things don’t develop as expected, or things develop too slowly. I enjoy doing big projects with importance; I am willing to get something remarkable and meaningful done. Like in Wello, our goal is to save the planet.
3. What makes the story of your personal career interesting?
The interesting thing in my career is that I’m at the moment actually doing my hobby. I used work on real estate, on design and on special constructions, but had wave energy and building small prototype-gadgets as hobby. That became finally my profession and passion.
4. What is your biggest professional accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment absolutely is inventing and developing (with the Wello team) the Penguin Wave Energy Converter. It for sure has worldwide importance, and it has a chance to change the world energy production into the right direction.
5. What is your biggest professional blunder?
Being fired from my job (a long time ago).
6. What is your dream for your company?
My dream is that Wello will change the world into a bit better place. I dream of seeing Penguins migrate to all continents contributing to a cleaner world.
7. Who is your role model and why?
My role model is Albert Einstein. I admire intelligence and questioning everything conventional.
8. What motivates you?
My motivation is tackling big challenges and reaching the impossible.
9. Why crowdfunding with Invesdor?
Crowdfunding and saving the world go well together. People have an urge to contribute to something valuable and important. Crowdfunding is a perfect tool for that. Invesdor, in my opinion, has the most advanced platform for crowdfunding and they have an excellent track record.
10. Why would you invest in your company? Give three reasons.
- Investing in Wello contributes to making the world into a better place.
- Wello is on track to become an important player and a valuable company on the energy market with a unique solution.
- Should we reach our forecasted targets, which I believe we will, this should in turn realise to profits for investors as well.
Read more about Wello here.